Industry Leading Warranties
Beautiful curb appeal with new energy efficient replacement windows
Replacement windows in Houston, TX, like in many other places, are a popular home improvement project. Replacing old or inefficient windows can improve energy efficiency, enhance the aesthetics of a home, and increase its overall value. Here are some general considerations and information about replacement windows in Houston:
- Energy Efficiency: Given the hot and humid climate in Houston, energy-efficient windows are often a priority. Look for windows with high Energy Star ratings, which indicates they meet or exceed energy efficiency standards.
- Materials: Common window materials include vinyl, wood, aluminum, and fiberglass. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages. Vinyl is popular for its low maintenance, while wood offers a traditional and aesthetically pleasing option.
- Hurricane Resistance: Houston is prone to hurricanes and severe weather. Consider impact-resistant windows that can withstand high winds and debris. These windows are designed to provide an extra layer of protection during storms.
- Installation: Proper installation is crucial for the performance of replacement windows. Ensure that the contractor you choose is experienced and reputable. Proper installation helps prevent air and water leaks, ensuring the windows function as intended.
- Local Building Codes: Make sure any replacement windows comply with local building codes and regulations. This is especially important in areas prone to severe weather events, as there may be specific requirements for windows in such regions.
- UV Protection: Houston’s strong sunlight can cause fading and damage to furniture and flooring. Consider windows with Low-E (low emissivity) coatings that can reduce UV and infrared light penetration, protecting your interior from sun damage.
- Costs: The cost of replacement windows can vary depending on factors such as materials, size, and features. It’s essential to get quotes from different contractors and window suppliers to find the best balance between quality and cost.
- Warranty: Look for replacement windows that come with a good warranty. A solid warranty provides peace of mind and indicates the manufacturer’s confidence in the product’s durability.
Always conduct thorough research and consider consulting with local window professionals to assess your specific needs and get personalized recommendations. At Truwin, an educated customer is a Truwin customer, so call today for a free estimate, (832)777-3681.